Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Sweet Moment in Time...

I awoke this morning with a foggy head.  It soon erupted into a full blown headache and the children were so full of exuberant life... and I admit... I got grumpy. Very grumpy.

My sweet daughter brought me some medicine.  Ibuprofen and two cups of coffee later, the headache began to lift.  I quickly realized my normally loud home was rather quiet... which can only mean two things: 1) A small miracle has happened or 2) Trouble is afoot!

A quick tour of our small home found my youngest (7 months) and oldest (11 years) playing quietly in our daughter's room.  Sweet! (She is such a great big sister to her little brothers!)

Next I found our other three children (9 yrs, 4 yrs, & 2yrs) all gathered around the kitchen table drawing.  Sweetly helping each other as needed.  Kind words. Kind voices. Encouraging and lifting each other up... "Great job on that truck!" "Oh! That's an awesome fish!"

Living out this week's memory verse (Ephesians 4:31-32)... right here in our home.

Now, as a homeschooling mom with 5 children in her home almost constantly, my prayers throughout the day tend to be 'arrow prayers'. You know... "Lord, help me!" "Lord give me the words." "Lord? HOW am I supposed to handle this?"   Quick. Simple. Pleas for help.

But today... My 'arrow prayer' was different.  "Oh Lord, how precious. What a sweet blessing, thank you, Lord!"

I also sent a quick text to my husband telling him of this wonderful moment in my day, lifting his spirits as well. 

A small glimmer of sunshine, letting me know, that yes, my efforts are taking hold...
Reminding me...

"Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season you will reap a harvest if you do not give up." ~Galatians 6:9~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be delighted if you left a comment letting me know your thoughts!