Friday, January 20, 2012

Ooops! I did it, again!

Training up our children is such a huge undertaking... one not to be taken lightly. 


However, being human and far, far from perfect... there are many days I fail.  Yes, you read that right... I fail.  I fail to fill up those sweet little 'love tanks' in their souls.


Two days this week have been that way... Little sleep... interrupted sleep... almost constant 2 yo tantrums... I could give lots of excuses... And if I am honest with myself, that's exactly what they are: EXCUSES.  Yes, we get tired. Yes, we get worn down. Yes, we get frustrated. However, God gave me one of the most important jobs on the planet! 

I wouldn't let my lack of sleep or poor mood get in my way if I were out in the paid workforce!  No, I would leave those problems at the door and go about my workday with a smile on my face (even if there is no joyous song in my heart).  I would gladly serve my customers or my managers... I mean, my paycheck would depend on doing a good job each day!!

Benefits of motherhood are so much more rewarding than a check!!  Hugs, kisses, "I love you's"... seeing those lessons that we hammer into our children start to take hold... seeing their hearts being molded into caring, loving servants for our Father!

But it takes time... LOTS of time!  I am someone who loves to see quick results (one reason I have never taken up knitting!) but motherhood is NOT about quick results!!  Nine months to have a baby... two to three years until potty trained... Eighteen years til they reach adulthood!!  Wow!!  It's a long journey that requires LOTs of time, LOTS of energy (am I the only one lacking here?), LOTS of.... I don't like this word very much... PATIENCE!

I fully believe that is why so many mothers, myself included, feel so weary.  We can't do it all on our own... We need our Father's help!!  He will give us hope, grace, patience, strength... and everything else to keep us going!

I have been placing index cards with uplifting scriptures throughout my home... places I will see as I go about my day...

Galations 6:9 (NKJV)
And let us not grow weary while doing good,
 for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart


Jeremiah 29:11-13 (The Message)
I know what I’m doing.
I have it all planned out—
plans to take care of you,
not abandon you,
plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me,
I’ll listen.
When you come looking for me,
you’ll find me.


Just to name a few :)

I am also seeking out encouragement... such as Hope for the Weary Mom and Raising Arrows.

Because raising my children's 'Heart and Hands to Heaven' begins with me.  Thank God for his grace and mercy in giving me another day to try again, to keep working toward our goal of servant's hearts for our children.  Thank Him for forgiving me when I fail... for forgiving me when I forget to leave it all with Him and try to do it on my own!

Now, I am off to fill some 'love tanks'! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be delighted if you left a comment letting me know your thoughts!